Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Thank God That's Over!


I took my Advanced Fiction portfolio to Goldsmiths submissions office, in the the old Deptford town hall.


New Cross was dismal and I waited whilst the assistant searched he cupboard for the right folder.



Thank goodness that's over. I don't know why I put myself through these hoops. I'm in the middle of Spanish GCSE exams, too. I've done the oral already. It was OK except that the teacher, Carmen, was waving her arms about and I only realised later she meant I should use the past tense for one of the answers. The listening exam is onThursday afternoon so I'm going to see 'Goya's Ghost' tomorrow night to 'ambiencise' myself.



Last night at bridge someone said, 'Oh, splendid! I do think people of our age should continue to learn!'




It's not the learning I mind so much as exams and deadlines. I'm not going to have any next year; after all the courses I'm going to concentrate on writing to sell.

No comments: